Sign of the times…
Why do I need a sign for my business?
There are many reasons, the most primary of these being:
- Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive, form of advertising for the small business.
- A sign is your introduction and handshake with those passing by, identifying your business to existing and potential customers.
- Signs are always on the job for you, advertising 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
People often judge a business by how it looks on the sign.
- Many merchants increase their business measurably just by adding a good sign. Conversely, many have gone out of business because they simply were not identified well, so not enough potential customers knew of their existence. As one sign industry professional put it, “A business without a sign is a sign of no business.”
- We live in a mobile society. According to the United States Census Bureau, 18% of households relocate each year. As your customers move, you need to replace them by attracting new customers.
For additional information, please review the Understanding the Value of Signage section.
Is signage expensive?
- Signage is the least expensive, yet most effective, form of advertising for independent and national retail businesses.
- You pay for the sign once and it works for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for years. Use of other media requires paying month after month and you never have the benefit of ownership.
- You also have no assurance that you’re reaching potential customers.
From a business owner’s perspective, a sign should not be viewed as an expense, but as a capital investment. When you factor in your return on investment, signs are not expensive.
- An effective sign will most likely pay for itself many times over.
- The price for signage will vary greatly depending upon the size, design, style,
CLICK HERE for further info from SBA website.